step one. What exactly is NSLDS? The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the national database of information about loans and grants awarded to students under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965. NSLDS provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants during their complete life cycle, from aid approval through disbursement, repayment, deferment, delinquency, and closure.
dos. Do you know the offer for the pointers kept throughout the NSLDS database? Information and data for NSLDS is received from the following sources:
- Guarantee Providers, to own information about the newest Federal Members of the family Education loan Program (FFELP)
- Department out-of Student loan Servicers (ED Servicers)
- Agencies out-of Training Commercial collection agency Properties (DCS), to own information regarding defaulted financing stored because of the Agency off Degree
- Head Loan Upkeep (DLS), for information on Federal Head Student education loans
- Common Origination and you may Disbursement (COD), to possess Federal Grant Programs suggestions
- Conditional Handicap Release Tracking Program (CDDTS), to possess impairment financing guidance
- Central Handling System (CPS), to possess help applicant recommendations
- Colleges, to own information about installment loans in austin texas Federal Perkins Financing System, scholar subscription and assistance overpayments.
step three. How many times is the advice and data upgraded for the NSLDS system? Schools or their servicers report Perkins loan information monthly. Schools or their servicers report overpayments within 30 days of discovery of the overpayment. The DCS and DLS report information weekly. COD reports information daily on Pell, IASG, SMART and ACG grants. Schools and guaranty agencies also report enrollment at least monthly.
4. Can i revision loan advice and personal identifiers on line? For almost all users, the answer is ”No.” Schools do not have the ability to update loans or personal identifiers online. However, limited users from a GA can update loan related information online.
Only study team can update loan related information, usually courtesy its regular submittals in order to NSLDS
5. What area of the web site ought i used to satisfy the Body weight requirements? The FATs (Financial Aid Transcripts) are no longer a requirement. With postscreening and the introduction of the transfer monitoring process, schools are no longer required to respond to requests for paper FATs.
6. How can i strongly recommend developments or alter toward web site? We encourage your comments. Please call the NSLDS Customer Support Center at 1-800-999-8219 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm ET or email us at
To possess a particular organizations loan revealing schedule, look for the company using the Research Seller Plan connect with the brand new Org case
7. When ‘s the NSLDS web site readily available? The NSLDS web site is available from 6am Monday (Eastern Time) to 7pm Saturday. Typically, the site is also available from 7pm Saturday to 5am Sunday and from 11am Sunday to 6pm Sunday, although outages may occur for system maintenance.
8. How to contact brand new NSLDS Customer care Cardiovascular system if I’m a different college or university? The NSLDS Customer Support Center may be contacted by phone at 1-800-999-8219 or by email at
nine. Is the web site safe? Yes. The first step is the use of a secure browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 11.x or above. Certain browsers and certain computers have the ability to communicate securely by scrambling the information as it passes across the Internet. The method of communication is called SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer. We require the use of a secure browser before a connection can be made to NSLDS. After you reach us using the secure browser, the information is also scrambled again to ensure only authorized NSLDS users can read it. The security of the system should always be your number one priority.